A call to action
In addition to reducing CO2 emissions, humanity urgently needs to draw down atmospheric carbon. Our charitable organisation, run by scientists, captures atmospheric CO2 by planting trees in southern Greenland where trees thrive today.
Building on experience planting over 20.000 trees since 2014, in 2020 we planted 5000 trees in several carefully selected sites in south Greenland. We are preparing for a larger campaign in 2021, and aim to establish a greenhouse in the town of Narsaq. Join us and your trees will stand beside ours, capturing carbon for decades to come, slowing abrupt climate change.
Greenland Trees mission:
- to maintain a service to drawdown atmospheric CO2 into new forests;
- to partner with Greenlandic society, emphasizing youth engagement and education,
- to restore the landscape in a heavily degraded former military base and other urbanized environments;
- to increase biodiversity;
- to support forest research;
- to have a positive environmental legacy;
- and to do so with full transparency, as part of a registered charitable organization.